We are seeking a tutor to teach the Psychiatric Assessment weekend module to our psychotherapy and counselling students. Weekend modules provide the opportunity for students to focus on a particular topic and work with a tutor with expertise in that area. Tutors normally teach groups of 10-14 students and many weekends are run several times during the academic year to allow all the students in a relevant year to attend. Given the current Covid-19 situation applicants should be willing to deliver the online (using Zoom) if necessary.
Essential requirements for the post holdersare (see Job Description below for full details):
- Familiarity with the specialist topics covered.
- Familiarity with psychoanalytic concepts, particularly contemporary relational psychoanalytic thinking and practice (particularly for the Working with Erotic and Sexual Charge weekend).
- Demonstrable ability to hold experiential learning in a group that brings together theory, clinical practice and personal process recent experience of teaching in a psychotherapy or clinical organisation.
- Experience of working with groups extensive clinical experience as a psychotherapist and supervisor.
- UKCP registration or equivalent. We anticipate that weekends will take place from February 2021 onwards.
For further information, contact Justine Walsh: [email protected].
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 22nd January.
Interviews: During the week commencing 25th January.
How to Apply
Please apply using the downloadable Application Form and Record Declaration Form with a covering email or letter by email to Justine Walsh: [email protected]. This post is being advertised internally and externally.