Background and summary of the job
The Minster Centre offers Counselling and Psychotherapy trainings to Diploma and Master’s levels, and we are looking to recruit a Learning Support Co-ordinator to work with students who have learning difficulties, health conditions and disabilities which may challenge their ability and progression during their training. The post-holder will need to offer flexible hours to accommodate students who study part-time, and will be paid an annual fee plus £55 per student assessment.
Line management and supervision will be provided by a Deputy Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- To manage referrals of students who are seeking support, assess their suitability to receive learning support.
- To write up individual Learning Support Agreements for students and distribute to relevant members of staff.
- To support allocated students on a 1:1 basis with the practical impact of their learning, health or disability difficulties on their academic experience.
- To work closely and communicate effectively with the Minster Centre’s teaching staff to support students, including a contribution to providing more inclusive assessment processes.
- To support students with alternative resources, e.g. RNIB Bookshare.
- To have knowledge and appreciation of the range of courses, levels of study and requirements of psychotherapy and counselling training, to enable provision of additional support for students.
- To work closely with the line manager to be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the impact support has on student attendance, retention, achievement and progression.
- Keep accurate records of work done with students
Please download the Job Description below for full details and Person Specification.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by completing an Application Form and Record Declaration (downloadable below) and sending along with a cover letter or email to Justine Walsh [email protected].
Deadline: 9:00am on Wednesday 21st August 2019