We are looking to recruit Live Assessors for The Minster Centre.
We offer an integrative training and students can exit/qualify with a Diploma in Counselling (BACP accredited course) and/or MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling (UKCP accredited course).
In the final year of both programmes, the students are required to have a Live Assessment which is facilitated by 2 examiners. There is an accompanying written submission with both the Dip Con and MA live assessment, which the examiners read beforehand. During the live assessment each student will present a 10-minute audio recording of their work, which is linked to the accompanying paper.
The lead assessor is responsible for writing up the feedback, in collaboration with the 2nd assessor.
Interested applicants need to be experienced and registered psychotherapists, with thorough knowledge of integrative theory and practice, and have assessment experience. We welcome applications from people not currently teaching at the Minster Centre but familiar with its approach. If you are currently teaching at The Minster Centre you will not normally be a Live Assessor on a course you teach on but may be able to assess students from another programme.
Essential requirements for the post holder include (see Job Description below for details):
- Recent experience of teaching in a psychotherapy organisation including assessing students and marking written work.
- Sound knowledge of Integrative Therapeutic Skills and a broad range of theoretical approaches including Object Relations, Humanistic and Existential Theories, Attachment and Relational Approaches and Contemporary Theories.
- Awareness of equality, diversity and intersectionality in relation to therapeutic practice.
- Sound knowledge of therapeutic skills required, including utilisation of conscious and unconscious processes, the ethical and therapeutic frame.
- UKCP registration or BACP Accreditation.
For further information contact Alyson Jaffe ([email protected]).
We particularly welcome applications from people of colour or with disabilities as people with these characteristics are under-represented in the profession, at the Minster Centre and in senior posts at the Minster Centre.
How to Apply
Please apply using the downloadable Application Form and Record Declaration with a covering email or letter to Justine Walsh, Operations Manager ([email protected]).
Please note we are operating a rolling recruitment and will continue to accept applications whilst we build up a bank of suitable Live Assessors.